Friday, May 30, 2008

Hemalkasa visit and me..

Hi,
I am Nitin Joshi from Jalgaon Maharashtra. I love going to jungles and I have spent nights on watch towers looking and feeling wild animals. On 1st of March I had gone to a place called HEMALKASA some 200Kms from Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India. Here Dr.Prakash Amte, son of late Shri. Baba Amte runs a hospital and school for tribal people absolutly free of cost. It is situated in deep jungle. The senior Amte couple is here since 33 years fighting against all odds and today Hemalkasa is reckoned after Dr.Amte.

This is an unbelievable project and the softness of these great people can be felt if one visits there. Dr.Amte also runs an official orphanage (permitted by Forest Deptt) for animals. We were lucky to play with Lepord cubs. I took nearly 1000 photos of animals, Landscape etc.

Here are some of the snaps.











No comments: